– why we require and how we aim to use personal information;
– what types of personal information we might collect;
– when we will disclose personal information to others;
– how we hold and secure personal information;
– how you can access and seek correction of personal information we hold about you; and
– how you may make a complaint if you think we have breached our obligations
1. COMPLIANCE WITH THE PRIVACY LEGISLATION
2. COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
– to contact and communicate with you; for internal record keeping;
– for market research and business development including website development;
– marketing including direct marketing; to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
– and to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information: for the purpose of providing services to customers; to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them; to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and to third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
4. YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction:If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email.
We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes.
We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach.
We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. STORAGE & SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. No information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES